For over 30 years, Lesah has successfully provided career coaching to thousands of people, from those launching their careers to career transitioners and career advancers. In using traditional career assessments with a wide variety of clients, she observed the need for a transferable skills assessment that:
- Provides an engaging and insightful experience that helps clients understand their greatest strengths,
- Aligns client strengths with interests and personality career themes to deepen client understanding of their career preferences.
To meet this need, Lesah developed Skillscan. Skillscan offers a suite of skill assessments that includes Advance Pack, a hands-on physical card sort, and two online assessments - Drive and Express. She also developed an extensive set of complimentary career assessment tools and resources available on Skillscan’s website in the Learning Center.
SkillScan is used by thousands of career development professionals in organizations throughout the United States and Canada, including:
- University, community college and non-profit career centers
- Private career coaching practices
- Fortune 500 companies, and small and medium-sized corporations
- Universities and colleges for internal employee development
In addition to having a portfolio career of counseling, training and product development experience, Lesah worked as an Associate Director/Career Coach at the Haas School of Business, University of California Berkeley, for over 23 years. She holds an MS in Counseling from San Diego State University.
Lesah is currently the president of SkillScan and specializes in delivering training services to enhance coaching effectiveness in using career assessments.