Organizations and Corporations
SkillScan Assessments for Corporations
Assist your employees plan and manage their careers by:
- identifying their greatest strengths and preferences
- planning enrichment and development opportunities
- leveraging their skills in their current or future position
Benefits for Companies and Employees
- A cost-effective, fast and insightful skills assessment that engages employees in their career development
- Offers a skill taxonomy that aligns with most competency-based models
- Print-version for one-on-one consulting or group workshops and a new online assessment - Career Driver
- Integrate results with Holland-based interests, Jungian-based personality themes, and work place values
- Employees learn how to apply strengths in current positions and to evaluate future best-fit options
- Employees acquire a skill language for communicating their strengths in development plans
Three Innovative Skills Assessment Tools
11th Grade Reading Level
9th Grade Reading Level
Career Driver is an online, self-directed skills assessment tool that provides your employees with a profile of their transferable skills and preferences - knowledge essential to identifying satisfying work options, creating a career development plan or strategizing their next career move.
Career Driver features an interactive online card sort process that takes about 30 minutes to complete. The results of the assessment are provided in one of three report formats of your employee's choice:
- Career Launcher Report - This report is ideal for individuals with limited or no professional work experience interested in identifying potential career and education options.
- Career Transitioner Report - This report is ideal for individuals who possess at least two years of professional work experience and wish to evaluate their next career move.
- Career Advancer Report (coming soon) - This report is ideal for individuals with work experience who want to evaluate the alignment of their skills with their current career or progress in their current career.
Reading Level: Career Driver is written at an 11th grade reading level
Time to Complete Assessment: Allow 30 minutes
Technical Requirements: Firefox, Internet Explorer 6 (or above), Safari, Chrome
Background: Career Driver is based on SkillScan's proprietary assessment tool, Advance Pack, which was developed in 2005. The skills and definitions in Career Driver are the same skills used in Advance Pack, a print version of the online program.
Validity and Reliability: SkillScan is an intuitive-based assessment process in which the user makes decisions about his/her skills based on his/her unique life and work experiences, feedback and preferences. The resulting report has high face validity because it is based on the user's selections.
Advance Pack is a facilitator-directed card-sort skills assessment for assisting employees identify transferable skills for career and development planning.
Advance Pack includes:
- Card Deck - the cards consist of 60 transferable skills that fall into six major skill categories. Each skill card is denoted by an icon and color to designate the category it belongs to. Each deck includes nine category cards to use in identifying proficiency level, preference level, skill development and an optional "No Longer Can Use" category card. This card is useful for employees who have sustained injuries that prevent them from using certain skills.
- Advance Pack Assessment Report - an 11" by 17" form for organizing and recording results and a Skill Wheel for identifying clients Skill Sets.
- Advance Pack Facilitator's User Guide - an extensive manual for effectively administering and applying results to employee's career needs in four main stages of career development: Assess, Explore, Develop and Promote. The user guide also includes a Leadership Role Assessment for evaluating management and leadership paths.
- Supplemental Products include:
- Power Point Customizable Presentation (CD Rom) for administering Advance Pack in workshops
- Reproducible Guides on CD Rom from the Facilitator's User Guide for client and workshop use
Reading Level: Advance Pack is written at an 11th grade reading level.
Professional Pack is a facilitator-directed card-sort skills assessment ideal for a broad spectrum of employees from high school students to adults in transition.
Professional Pack includes:
- Card Deck - the cards consist of 64 transferable skills that fall into seven major skill categories. Each skill card is denoted by color to designate the category it belongs to. Each deck includes seven category cards to use in identifying competence, preference level and optional skill development.
- Assessment Report - an 11" by 17" form for organizing and recording results and a Skill Wheel for identifying employee Skill Sets.
- Facilitator's Manual - manual includes sorting instructions and reproducible handouts including a Skill Wheel for identifying Skill Sets, lists of suggested career options and development activities for each Skill Set and guides for integrating skills with other assessments.
Reading Level: Professional Pack is written at the 10th grade reading level.